– Three Cheese Mediterranean Chop Salad Recipe –
As a child I wasn´t very fond of salads, not that the salad´s my mother made weren´t any good, they just didn´t call my name. As I got older I started appreciating salads more and began making my own salads, and now I absolutely love salads! This Three Cheese Mediterranean Chop Salad Recipe is one of my all-time favorite salads that I have ever created, like seriously, it never get´s old! It has such a perfect balance of flavors and the presentation alone makes it the perfect center piece salad to any dinner table.
Loaded with Flavor, Easy to Make and Done in a Jiffy!
Another reason why I love this salad is because of how easy it is to put together. We´re all so busy these days, we don´t have all day to prepare a meal, let alone a salad. This Three Cheese Mediterranean Chop Salad Recipe is done in 15 minutes, it can be prepared in the morning and then served for dinner (make sure not to add any dressing until you serve the salad, otherwise the lettuce will welt in the fridge). Watch the video below on how to make this Three Cheese Mediterranean Chop Salad Recipe or check out the recipe card below, which you can print 🙂 .
Watch the Video Below on How to Make this Three Cheese Mediterranean Chop Salad
- -1 head romaine lettuce
- -1/2 onion
- -1 tomato
- -1 clove garlic
- -12 olives
- -1/2 avocado
- -queso manchego
- -Gruyere cheese
- -fresh mozzarella
- -1/2 tsp dried oregano
- -1/2 tsp lemon juice
- -2 tbsp olive oil
- -8 leafs fresh basil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Seperate the leaves from a head of romaine lettuce, pile them from largest in the bottom to smallest on top, tightly roll the leaves together like a cigar, cut it right down the middle and start chopping in 1/2 inch cuts, wash the cut lettuce, pat dry and add to a shallow salad bowl
- Thinly slice 1/2 of an onion and decorate on top of the lettuce, finely dice 1 tomato and add on top of the onions, finely mince 1 clove of garlic and add on top of the tomatoes, season the salad with 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano, sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Cut 15 Spanish pimento stuffed olives in half and add them to a side of the salad, cut 1/2 of an avocado into thin slices and add them to another side of the salad, cut 1/2 of a fresh mozzarella ball into thin slices and add to another side of the salad, then shave some slices of gruyère cheese and queso Manchego and place them next to the mozzarella
- Squeeze about 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice on the salad and then drizzle 2 tablespoons of extra virgin Spanish olive oil, season again with a kiss of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper and top of the salad with some freshly chopped basil
- If you need any of the above ingredients to make this recipe, you can purchase them through this Amazon Affiliate Link Shop for Ingredients and get them delivered right to your door!