– Spanish Deviled Eggs with Tuna –
Everyone loves deviled eggs, they have a great flavor and are the perfect little finger foods, making them the ideal appetizer for cocktail parties, family get-togethers or while watching the big game. These Spanish Deviled Eggs with Tuna take deviled eggs to the next level, the addition of tuna and roasted red bell peppers really elevates the flavors. You will find these beauties in almost every tapas bar throughout Spain, but now you can enjoy them at home and serve them to your guest. Best enjoyed with a cold Spanish beer.
How to Perfectly Boil and Peel Eggs for Deviled Eggs
When boiling eggs for deviled eggs, you really have to get them just right. As easy as this can be, most people mess up in this part. A lot of people say to use eggs that are about 2 weeks old from the day you bought them at the store, which is great advice, but what if you want to make deviled eggs right now? there has to be a way! After boling your eggs (see the recipe for instructions) and letting them rest in cold water for 5 minutes, roll each egg on a flat surface for 20 seconds, then peel them under cold water…whala! it always works with newer eggs! Watch the video below on how to easily make Spanish Deviled Eggs with Tuna or check out the recipe card below, which you can print.
Watch the Video Below on How to Make Spanish Deviled Eggs with Tuna
- -6 organic eggs
- -1 clove of garlic (minced)
- -1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- -1 tsp dijon mustard
- -1 tin Spanish tuna (oil drained)
- -sea salt
- -freshly cracked black pepper
- -1 roasted red bell pepper
- -Dried Parsley
- Add 6 organic eggs into a sauce pan, fill the sauce pan with water (about 1 inch above the eggs), and heat the sauce pan with a HIGH heat, once the water comes to a rolling boil, place a lid on top and turn off the fire
- After 10 minutes remove the lid from the sauce pan and transfer the eggs to a bowl with cold water for 5 minutes, then crack the eggs (I like to roll each egg on a flat surface for 20 seconds before I peel it, makes it a lot easier to peel), cut them in half and add the egg yolks into a bowl, set the egg whites aside
- Crumble the egg yolks in the bowl with a fork until well crumbled, then add a 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard, 1 finely minced clove of garlic, 1 tin of high quality Spanish tuna (oil drained), season with sea salt and a generous portion of freshly cracked black pepper, and mix everything together until well mixed
- Evenly divide the egg yolk mixture into each egg white (I did it with a spoon), then cut a jarred roasted red bell pepper into thin strips and add 2 strips on top of each deviled egg, top them off with a little dried parsley
- If you need any of the above ingredients to make this recipe, you can purchase them through this Amazon Affiliate Link Shop for Ingredients and get them delivered right to your door!