It´s wednesday night 8:30pm, you are at your local bar getting ready to watch Real Madrid play in the Champions League, the game starts in 15 minutes, you order yourself a caña with a couple of tapas, and almost 99% of the time you find yourself ordering ¨Champiñones al Ajillo¨ yup, nothing better than some sauteed garlic mushrooms before the big game, well actually, before anything else really! Here is an easy recipe to make these beautiful garlicky mushrooms that will leave you in garlic heaven.
- 12 Button Mushrooms
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Spanish Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley
- Sea Salt
- Rinse, clean and pat dry the mushrooms
- Pre-heat frying pan on medium heat and add the 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Peel garlic and cut into thin slices and add to the frying pan
- Cut mushrooms in 1/8 inch thick slices and add to the frying pan
- Season with sea salt and mix all together
- After about 1 minute of cooking add about 1/8 cup freshly chopped parsley
- After a total of about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes turn the fire off and transfer to a plate
- Add some fresh parsley on top and your Champiñones are ready!
- These go great with a crusty baguette to mop up all the juices
Recipe by Albert Bevia @ Spain on a Fork