– Grilled Salmon & Asparagus with Cream Sauce –
With the holidays around the corner, it´s time to get your menu ready for the big days ahead. For me, I like to make and serve dishes that are loaded with flavor and have a beautiful presentation, however, I don´t want to slave all day in the kitchen. This here recipe for Grilled Salmon & Asparagus with Cream Sauce is a big winner for me. It ´s a dish that is done in under 25 minutes from start to finish, yet it has the presentation that we all expect from a holiday dinner dish. Funny enough, I like to enjoy this salmon dish all year-round.
A Healthy Recipe with Zero-Guilt
For those of you that know me, I always tend to make my dishes healthier than they sound, for example, the salmon in this dish is not fried, it is pan grilled (no oil in the pan 🙂 ), make sure to use a non-stick frying pan for this method of cooking. My cream sauce is made with Greek yogurt, not cream and butter. All these little touches actually give this dish a lot more flavor and won´t make you feel bloated when your done eating (more room for holiday cookies!!!). Watch the video below on how to make this Grilled Salmon & Asparagus with Cream Sauce or check out the recipe card below, which you can print. Salud!
Watch the Video Below on How to Make Grilled Salmon & Asparagus with Cream Sauce
- -2 fillets fresh salmon
- -sea salt
- -black pepper
- -1 tbsp extra virgin Spanish olive oil
- -8 stalks asparagus
- -1 clove garlic
- -1/4 onion
- -1/2 cup white wine
- -1 cup greek yugurt
- -1/4 tsp dried dill
- Grab 10 fresh asparagus, wash them and pat them dry and cut off about 1 1/2 inches from the root, finely mince 1 clove of garlic, finely dice a 1/4 of an onion, cut a lemon in half, reserve 1/2 cup of white wine, reserve 1 cup of Greek yogurt, and 1/4 teaspoon of dried dill
- Season 2 fresh salmon fillets with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper on both sides of the fillet
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan with a medium-high heat and a grilling pan with a medium heat, drizzle a kiss of extra virgin Spanish olive oil on the grilling pan, once the pan´s get hot, add the asparagus to the grilling pan and the salmon fillets to the frying pan, occasionally turn the asparagus and cook until your liking, I cooked them for about 7-8 minutes, after cooking the salmon fillets for 3 minutes flip them and cook for another 2 minutes, then remove from the pan
- In the same pan with the same heat as you cooked the salmon, using the rendered fat from salmon, add the minced garlic and dice onions, mix with the oil, after 30 seconds of cooking add 1/2 cup of white wine, simmer for 3 minutes then turn off the heat, after letting it cool for 2 minutes add 1 cup of Greek yogurt, a 1/4 teaspoon of dried dill, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, and season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, mix everything togethr until well mixed
- Season the cooked asparagus with some lemon juice and sea salt, then decorate 5 of the asparagus per plate, add a fillet of salmon on top of the asparagus and drizzle the cream sauce on top of each fillet
- If you need any of the above ingredients to make this recipe, you can purchase them through this Amazon Affiliate Link Shop for Ingredients and get them delivered right to your door!