– Easy Chocolate Souffle Recipe –
The almighty and luscious chocolate souffle, you know…. legend has it that if you conquer this dish, you move up a notch in your culinary skills……no way! making a chocolate souffle is super easy! specially with this fool-proof Easy Chocolate Souffle Recipe. This souffle has an incredibly rich and deep chocolate flavor, yet it still has that classic airy texture, it always has the perfect rise and everyone will love it. Truth be told, there is nothing more spectacular than serving a homemade chocolate souffle to your loved ones or your guest, the look in their faces will say it all 🙂 .
This Souffle has the Perfect Rise Everytime!
The secret to always getting your souffle to rise is to gently fold in the whipped egg whites into the chocolate base. When you use the folding technique, the whipped egg whites don´t lose their air, which is what helps the souffle rise. Also, whatever you do, once you add the souffles into the oven, do not open the oven door until you reach at least the 18 minute mark!!! The ramekins [affiliate link] I used for this recipe are 4 ounces in size, and this recipe makes exactly 3 souffles with this size of ramekin. Watch the video below on how to make this Easy Chocolate Souffle Recipe or check out the recipe card below, which you can print.
Watch the Video Below on How to Make this Easy Chocolate Souffle Recipe
- -1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- -2 tbsp organic milk
- -1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- -2 organic eggs
- -1/4 tsp sea salt
- -1/4 cup sugar
- extra virgin Spanish olive oil to grease ramekins
- white sugar to coat ramekins
- Pre-heat your oven with the bake option to 190 C - 375 F
- Fill a sauce pan half way with water and heat it with a high heat, once it comes to a boil place a bowl on top, add 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons of organic milk and a 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, start mixing the ingredients inside of the bowl until the chocolate is melted (about 2-3 minutes), remove the bowl from the heat and continue to stir the melted chocolate for 30 seconds, set aside
- Grab 2 large organic eggs at room temperature, seperate the egg yolks into one bowl and the egg whites into another, then add the egg yolks to the chocolate sauce and mix together until well combined
- Add the egg whites and a 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to an electric mixer, using the whisk attachment, whisk the egg whites at a low speed for 2 minutes, then bump it up to a medium speed and start slowly pouring in a 1/4 cup of white sugar, then hit it to a medium-high speed and whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form (about 4-5 minutes)
- Add 1/3 of the whipped egg whites into the chocolate base and mix it together, then add the remainder of the whipped egg whites and gently fold in with the chocolate base until everything is well combined
- Grease 3 ramekins (the size of mine where 4 oz.) with some extra virgin Spanish olive oil, using a brush make sure you grease the entire ramekin, then coat each one with a light layer of white sugar all around, the sugar will help the souffle rise
- Evenly distribute the chocolate mixture into the 3 ramekins, making sure to leave at least a 1/4 inch of breathing room on the top
- Add to the oven between 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are fully cooked
- Sprinkle with a kiss of powdered sugar and serve at once
If you need any of the above ingredients to make this recipe, you can purchase them through this Amazon Affiliate Link Shop for Ingredients and get them delivered right to your door!