– The Perfect Cheese Platter –
Nothing beats a cheese platter when you need a great appetizer for a large crowd. It´s essential for any type of gathering, whether it be a holiday party or an office pot luck. Now, the secret to a great cheese platter and not just an ordinary one, is to combine the right cheeses along with the right fruits and nuts, this creates an explosion of flavors that everyone will love. I have played around with many different cheese combinations in the past, and this one here is the absolute best. This cheese platter has been served several times, and everytime a HUGE success.
How About Some Easy to Make Homemade Crackers to go With the Cheese Platter!
Of course, if you know me, you know I´m going to take this cheese platter to the next level of goodness, so I decided to make some homemade crackers that go perfect with this cheese platter. When you put all these things together, that is what makes a cheese platter, well……a great cheese platter! Watch the video below on how to make this perfect cheese platter or you can check out the recipe card below 🙂 . Salud!
Watch the Video Below on How to Make The Perfect Cheese Platter
- -1 cup all-puprose flour + more for dusting
- -1/4 tsp sugar
- -1/2 tsp sea salt
- -1 tsp dried rosemary
- -1 tsp garlic powder
- -1 tablespoon extra virgin Spanish olive oil
- -1/3 cup water
- -aged queso manchego
- -mature cheddar
- -brie cheese
- -Gouda cheese
- -green grapes
- -marcona almonds
- Start by making the homemade crackers, first pre-heat your oven with the bake/broil option and heat it at your highest setting (mine is 250 C 480F), add 1 cup of all-purpose flour to a bowl, 1/4 teaspoon of white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary, combine all the dried ingredients until well mixed, then add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin Spanish olive oil and 1/3 cup of water, mix everything together until you form a dough, then knead it inside of the bowl between 1-2 minutes and shape into a ball, add a piece of parchment paper to a flat surface, dust it with all-purpose flour, add the ball of dough on top and start flattening it out with the palm of your hand, using a roller, roll out the dough until you reach a thickness of about 1/16 of an inch, using a pizza cutter, cut vertical lines that are 1 inch apart, then cut horizontal lines that are 1 1/2 inches apart, add to the oven between 9 to 11 minutes, might be more depending on your oven
- For the cheese selections, grab one queso manchego, one mature cheddar, one mild gouda and one brie cheese (the size of each cheese depends on the size of your party, this recipe is made for a party of 12 people, the blocks I used where about 14 ounces each), cut a couple of slices from each cheese and decorate the block and the slices on a wood cutting board, place the block and the slices from that cheese together as you decorate them around the board
- Place some marcona almonds around the queso manchego, some green grapes next to the mature cheddar, raw walnuts around the mild gouda and some fresh strawberries around the brie cheese
- Top off the cutting board with the crunchy homemade crackers, making sure to cover the entire board, you want your cheese platter to look as full as possible, and place a cheese knife on the board
- If you need any of the above ingredients to make this recipe, you can purchase them through this Amazon Affiliate Link Shop for Ingredients and get them delivered right to your door!