– Vegan Pesto Recipe with Kale –
I absolutely love pesto, it´s one of those sauces that I could eat everyday, like seriously, I´m obsessed. I always try to make different types of pestos, just to play around with flavors and keep things interesting. The other day I was searching through the fridge and saw a bag of kale (my wifes….not mine!), and decided to try making pesto using kale as the main base. Within one attempt, I created this vegan pesto recipe with kale, I was blown away by it, considering kale is not my favorite green, but you could not even taste the kale! or even tell it was vegan, it tasted like…..well…..pesto!
Full of Flavor and Done in 10 Minutes!
OK, so how can this vegan pesto with kale taste just like or close to regular pesto? The secret is in the toasted almonds and pinenuts, and using high quality extra virgin olive oil. I have tasted this vegan pesto right along side traditional pesto, and I swear….I chose this vegan pesto on a blind taste test! The best part about this pesto, is that it´s super healthy and it´s done within 10 minutes….you just can´t beat that. Watch the video below on how to make this Vegan Pesto Recipe with Kale or check out the recipe card below, which you can print.
Watch the Video Below on How to Easily Make this Vegan Pesto Recipe with Kale & Almonds
- -2 cups tightly packed fresh bagged kale
- -6 leaves fresh basil
- -1 clove of garlic
- -8 blanched Spanish almonds
- -16 pine nuts
- -6 tbsp extra virgin Spanish olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan with a medium heat and add 8 blanched Spanish almonds and 16 pinenuts, dry roast them between 3 to 4 minutes (tip: move the nuts around as you pan roast them), once roasted set them aside
- Add 2 cups of tightly packed bagged kale onto a flat surface, go through the kale and remove all the thick stems, then transfer the kale into a food processor
- Add 6 fresh basil leaves into the food processor, 1 large clove of garlic cut in half and the toasted nuts, pulse everything until well combined (2-3 minutes)
- Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, then add between 5 to 6 tablespoons of extra virgin Spanish olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, while you continue to pulse, until you reach the desired texture
- If you need any of the above ingredients to make this recipe, you can purchase them through this Amazon Affiliate Link Shop for Ingredients and get them delivered right to your door!