– Spanish Roasted Pepper and Goat Cheese Salad –
*This post may contain affiliate links*
As I have stated in previous post, I am a huge fan of salads, so it´s no wonder why I´m always testing out new ways to create salads that pack a huge flavor, are in the healthier department and easy to make. This Spanish roasted pepper and goat cheese salad was a winner from the get-go. When I first made it, I did roast my own bell peppers in the oven, but then I thought of making this salad recipe much easier, yet still having that great flavor. Spanish jarred roasted peppers are incredibly tasty and totally worth the price, taking this salad to easiest of easy routes to put together.
To Goat Cheese or not to Goat Cheese
Goat cheese has been famously known for offering some of the best health benefits compared to other cheeses. It´s easier to digest, high in calcium and it´s low in cholesterol. So yeah, goat cheese is definitely a cheese that most of us should be consuming more often, plus it has an amazing flavor 🙂 . Watch the video below on how to make this Spanish Roasted Pepper and Goat Cheese Salad or check out the recipe card below, which you can print.
Watch the Video Below on How to Make this Spanish Roasted Pepper and Goat Cheese Salad
- -1 head romaine lettuce
- -1/2 red onion
- -2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- -4 roasted red bell peppers
- -5 pieces goat cheese (4 ounces)
- -2 cloves of garlic
- extra virgin Spanish olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Seperate the leaves from a head of romaine lettuce, stack them from largest in the bottom to smallest on top, then tightly roll the leaves, like a cigar, cut them right down the middle and start chopping, rinse the cut lettuce under cold water and transfer to a salad spinner and dry, or pat dry with a cloth, transfer the cut & cleaned lettuce into a shallow bowl
- Thinly slice 1/2 of a red onion and add on top of the lettuce, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of toasted pumpkin seeds throughout the salad
- Pat dry 4 jarred roasted red bell peppers with some paper towels, then stuff each one with a small medallion of goat cheese, decorate the stuffed peppers on top of the salad and add one medallion of goat cheese in the middle of the salad, then season the salad with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Thinly slice 2 cloves of garlic and pan fry them on a small non-stick frying pan with about 1 tablespoon of extra virgin Spanish olive oil until the get a golden color, but there not burned, transfer the garlic chips on top of the salad, and the drizzle the salad with some extra virgin Spanish olive oil
- If you need any of the above ingredients to make this recipe, you can purchase them through this Amazon Affiliate Link Shop for Ingredients and get them delivered right to your door!