– Pan-Seared Cod Recipe with Paprika and Capers –
Cod is such a versatile fish, it can be enjoyed in so many ways, and it´s a fish that can be easily purchased all year-round. This Pan-Seared Cod Recipe with Paprika and Capers is another amazing collection to add to your cooking repertoire. My family loves this dish! and it´s above & beyond easy to make, yet it packs an amazing flavor and it´s done within minutes (talk about the perfect mid-week dinner 🙂 ). This cod recipe is very popular throughout the entire iberian peninsula, as paprika plays a huge role in Spanish and Portuguese cuisine.
How to Perfectly Pan-Sear Cod
The secret to a perfect sear on a cod fillet is really quite simple, it´s all about using the right amount of fat in the pan and using the correct heat. The cod fillets I used in this recipe where about 1/2 inch thick, so I seared them for exactly 3 minutes per side. This gave my cod fillets that beautiful seared crust on top. Watch the video below on how to easily make this Pan-Seared Cod Recipe with Paprika and Capers or check out the recipe card below, which you can print.
Watch the Video Below on How to Make this Pan-Seared Cod Recipe with Paprika and Capers
- -6 fillets fresh cod
- -sea salt
- -black pepper
- -smoked paprika
- -dried thyme
- -2 tbsp extra virgin Spanish olive oil
- -1/4 cup capers
- -fresh parsley
- Season 6 small or 3 large fillets of cod (about 1/2 thick) with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, smoked paprika and a kiss of dried thyme, rub all the seasonings together on each cod fillet
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin Spanish olive oil
- Once the oil get´s hot add the cod fillets seasoned side down and sear for 3 minutes, then flip the cod fillets, add a 1/4 cup of capers into the pan and cook for another 3 minutes
- Transfer the seared cod fillets into seperate plates, top them off with the capers, garnish with some freshly chopped parsley and a wedge of lemon
- If you need any of the above ingredients to make this recipe, you can purchase them through this Amazon Affiliate Link Shop for Ingredients and get them delivered right to your door!