– Classic Almond Biscotti Recipe –
Biscotti is one of those treats that you normally eat when you´re at a coffee shop or when someone brings them over from their favorite bakery shop. They go great with coffee, tea and even milk…heck they´re amazing all on their own. We have a cute little coffee shop here in town, and they make some of the best biscotti I have ever had. A couple of weeks back I was enjoying a Cafe con Leche ¨coffee with milk¨ with a piece of almond biscotti, and I thought, ¨why don´t I try making this at home?¨. Within 15 minutes, I was in the supermarket and had gathered all the ingredients I needed.
Biscotti…Easier to Make Than You think!
Working in the test kitchen to re-create this classic almond biscotti was a blast, I will be honest with you, it did take me a couple of batches to perfect it, but it was all worth it. Once perfection was reached, I felt as I had won a gold medal in the winter olympics…..for finding a way to easily make homemade almond biscotti!!! lol…sorry, I know that made no sense, but I´m a sucker for the winter olympics and they are right around the corner 🙂 . Watch the video below on how to easily make this Classic Almond Biscotti Recipe or check out the recipe card below, which you can print.
Watch the Video Below on How to Make Classic Almond Biscotti
- -1/2 cup blanched Marcona almonds
- -1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour + more for keading
- -1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- -1/3 cup white sugar
- -1/4 tsp sea salt
- -2 organic eggs
- -1 tsp vanilla extract
- -1/4 cup extra virgin Spanish olive oil
- Add 1/2 cup of blanched Marcona almonds to a baking tray lined with foil paper, move the almonds around to make sure they are all in a single layer, then add them to a pre-heated oven, bake and broil option, 190 C - 375 F between 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, remove from the oven and set aside, keep the oven on but switch it to the BAKE only option, with the same heat of 190 C - 375 F
- Add 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour to a bowl. also add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt and 1/3 cup of white sugar, mix all the dry ingredients together, make a well in the middle, add 2 organic eggs, beat them without mixing them with the flour mixture, then add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and a 1/4 cup of extra virgin Spanish olive oil, mix everything together, once well mixed add the toasted almonds and continue to mix until everything is well combined
- Add a piece of parchment paper to a flat surface, sprinkle it with some all-purpose flour and add the dough on top, dust your hands off with some all-purpose flour and start shaping the dough into a log that is about 2 inches wide by 10-12 inches long, with a thickness of about 1/2 inch, add to a baking tray and bake between 25 to 27 minutes
- Once cooked take out of the oven, place the cooked dough on a wire rack and let it rest for 10 minutes, then cut it with a serrated knife in diagonal slices that are 1/2 inch thick, add the slices back into the baking tray, cut side up and add to the oven for 10 minutes, then take them out, turn each one around and bake for another 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and add the slices to a wire rack to cool and harden up for at least 30 minutes
- You can store these biscotti in an air-tight container for up to 7 days
- If you need any of the above ingredients to make this recipe, you can purchase them through this Amazon Affiliate Link Shop for Ingredients and get them delivered right to your door!