Apricots are such a delicate and beautiful fruit, too bad they are only around during the late spring and early summer months. However, when they are in-season, there is nothing better than fresh apricots. They can be eaten straight off the tree, use them to make a cake, make fresh jam with them, and even bake them! This recipe of baked apricots with honey and almonds is a great twist on this lovely fruit. This tasty dessert is very popular in the region of Andalucia, especially in the city of Sevilla. The best part about this dessert is that it´s above and beyond easy to make! These baked apricots go great with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. In this recipe I made my own homemade whipped cream, but you can always use the store bought kind. Watch the video below on how to make these baked apricots with honey and almonds, and enjoy the fruits of the season. Salud!
If you need any of the below ingredients to make these Baked Apricots with Honey and Almonds, you can purchase them through this Amazon Affiliate Link Shop for Ingredients and get them delivered right to your door! In return, I receive a small commission, which helps with all the expenses to run this blog.
- (5) Fresh Apricots
- (2) Tbsp Slivered Almonds
- (3) Tbsp Organic Honey
- Cinnamon Powder
- (1) Cup Chilled Heavy Whipping Cream
- (2) Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- (1) Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat your oven with the bake/broil option to 210 C (410F)
- Grab 5 fresh apricots, cut them in half and remove the pit
- Add the cut apricots, cut side up in a single layer, into a casserole dish lined with parchment paper
- Add a generous portion of slivered almonds on top of each apricot, spoon in about 1/2 tablespoon of fresh organic honey on top of each apricot and top each one off with some cinnamon powder
- Add the casserole dish into the oven between 12 to 15 minutes
- While the apricots are in the oven let´s make some homemade whipped cream, start by adding 1 cup of chilled heavy whipping cream into a bowl, then 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Using a whisk, begin to whisk everything together until stiff peaks form (between 4-6 minutes) and add to the refrigerator
- Once the apricots are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them rest for at least 5 minutes, then add between 3 to 4 apricots to each serving plate and decorate with the homemade whipped cream
- If you need any of the above ingredients to make this recipe, you can purchase them through this Amazon Affiliate Link Shop for Ingredients and get them delivered right to your door!